Alran 🇫🇷 - Chevre "Native" - Rustic Goat Leather
- Article: Chevre "Native"
- Tannery: Alran 🇫🇷 (France)
- Full Grain: Yes
- Tannage: Combination -Details Below
- Firmness: Medium (4/10)
- Cut: Whole Hide
- Grain (Top): Smooth (Rustic Wrinkled Texture)
- Flesh (Bottom): Smooth Nap
- Dye: Completely Through
- Burnishing: Yes, with Tokonole, but edge paint is recommended
- Thickness: 2.5oz (1.1mm) +/- 0.2mm
- Splitting: Yes, down to 0.6mm *Please note split leather can not be returned
- ReStock: Yes, restocked every 2 months
Founded in 1903 in the South of Tarn and set in the beautiful surroundings of the "Montagne Noire" (the black mountains), the tannery Alran S.A.S. has developed a vast expertise in the tanning of goat skins. They are well renown in the luxury community and have many articles used by the top luxury handbags, small leather goods and watch straps houses.
Chevre "Native" is one of Alran's most unique articles and is produced in an a labor intensive 23-step process which takes 4 weeks to produce. This article has a unique natural and rustic grain. The grain has deeper shrunken areas that make for a really awesome and unique look.
This goat leather is their top grade, The leather is combination tanned, meaning full veg-tanned in crust and then retanned and dyed with some mineral tannage. It has softer supple feel and beautiful consistent color across the entire hide. Naive is a great article when you want a consistent color and high yield. We receive their very top grades 1/2 which are very clean.
Small leather goods, bags, linings & book covers
*Being full aniline there can be some contrast along the center of the back. This is normal and something book binders and wallet makers try to place this along the fold in the book or wallet. Please confirm with us before splitting if you have any size limitations and we can ensure you will receive the right hide.
DIMENSIONS & PRICING
- Medium: ~4 square feet
- Large: ~4.5 square feet
- X-Large: ~5 square feet
- 2X-Large: ~5.5 square feet
- 3X-Large: ~6 square feet
- 4X-Large: ~6.5 square feet
- 5X-Large: ~7 square feet
- Please note we can not control the range of sizes we receive. Most of the time the sizes are in the Large-2XL range. The larger sizes are more rare
- 2.5oz (1.0-1.2mm)
- Please note split leather can not be returned
We are the Official North America distributor for Alran. You can mix and match any of the Alran Articles (Sully, Liege Main, Native, Caviar, Saffiano, Fatnat and Indigo) to get the discount below on Full hides. We can offer the following discounts on Full Hides (Whole Hides)
- Buy 3 Full Hides (Mix ANY Alran Article): 4% Off
- Buy 6 Full Hides (Mix ANY Alran Article): 5% Off
- Buy 10 Full Hides (Mix ANY Alran Article): 7% Off
- Buy 20 Full Hides (Mix ANY Alran Article): 10% Off
- Buy 25 Full Hides (Single Alran and Color): Contact us for Tannery Direct
WHAT TO EXPECT?
- Will my hide/panel be perfect? READ BEFORE PURCHASING
- Shipping and Return Info HERE
This is the detail