Alran 🇫🇷 - "Liege Main" Chevre Chagrin - Great for Bookbinders
Discount: Mix and match any Alran articles to get the volume discount above!
- Article: Liege Main
- Tannery: Alran 🇫🇷 (France)
- Full Grain: Yes
- Tannage: Combination - Details Below
- Finish: Full Aniline
- Firmness: Medium
- Cut: Whole Hide
- Grain (Top): Smooth
- Flesh (Bottom): Smooth Nap
- Dye: Completely Through
- Burnishing: Yes, with Tokonole, but edge paint is recommended
- Thickness: 2.5oz (1.1mm) +/- 0.2mm
- Splitting: Yes, down to 0.6mm *Please note split leather can not be returned
- ReStock: Limited, Selection is very strict and can require 6 months to select enough skins. We recommend purchasing as soon as you see a color you like available because it may be 6-12 months before we get more inventory.
Chevre Chagrin "Liege Main" Goat Leather comes from the Alran Tannery in France. The Alran tannery has been producing some of the finest goat leather for luxury brands for over 100 years. They are well known for their premium goat leather and the beautiful colors they are able to produce.
This goat leather is their top grade, The leather is combination tanned, meaning full veg-tanned in crust and then retanned and dyed with some mineral tannage. The tanning process involves a unique 23 step process that takes over 4 weeks to produce each hide. This special process involves a lot of hands and working the leather to give it the beautiful grain, soft supple feel and an even color. The grain has a natural texture that adds beautiful depth to the leather. It is easy to cut and skive.
The difference between the Sully and the Ligee Main is the finish, the sully is a pigmented finish that is very clean and even. The Liege Main is a full aniline finish that brings in the beautiful variation of the leather.
**The Liege Main will show more natural variation in the lighter colors. If you want very clean leather we recommend you purchase the Sully. If you like a rustic type look with beautiful variation the Liege Main is a great fit.
- 2.5oz (1.0-1.2mm) *Free splitting to thinner weights
- Please note split leather can not be returned
We are the Official North America distributor for Alran. You can mix and match any of the Alran Articles (Sully, Liege Main, Native, Caviar, Saffiano, Fatnat and Indigo) to get the discount below on Full hides.We can offer the following discounts on Full Hides (Double Shoulders)
- Buy 3 Full Hides (Mix ANY Alran Article): 4% Off
- Buy 6 Full Hides (Mix ANY Alran Article): 5% Off
- Buy 10 Full Hides (Mix ANY Alran Article): 7% Off
- Buy 20 Full Hides (Mix ANY Alran Article): 10% Off
- Buy 25 Full Hides (Single Alran and Color): Contact us for Tannery Direct
WHAT TO EXPECT?
- Will my panel be perfect? Read about leather here before purchasing
- Shipping and Return Info Here
This is the detail