Conceria Walpier 🇮🇹 - Black Wax Buttero "Black Burro" - Veg Tanned Leather (HIDES) - 20% Off!
For smaller PANELS click HERE
- Article: Black Wax Buttero "Black Burro"
- Tannery: Conceria Walpier 🇮🇹 (Italy)
- Full Grain: Yes
- Tannage: Vegetable Tanned
- Cut: Double Shoulder (No Belly = Higher Yield)
- Grain (Top): Smooth with Black Wax that will wear off with use
- Flesh (Bottom): Smooth Nap
- Firmness: Firm 8/10
- Dye: Completely Through
- Finish: Full Aniline
- Burnishable: Yes
- Thickness: 5oz (2.0mm) +/- 0.2mm
- Splitting: Yes, down to 0.6mm *Please note split leather cannot be returned & if hide is wider than 27" we will need to cut it into 2 pieces to fit the splitter (We cut closer to the belly side)
- Restocked: No, limited supply
- Discounts: Yes, volume discounts automatically applied on full hides. Note Paypal does not load the discounts, please pay with credit card instead
Please note the images are a representative of the actual product, however computer and device screens vary as do dye lots. The leather you receive may look different than it appears on your screen. We suggest that you request sample(s) before ordering when color is critical. Product descriptions are to the best of our knowledge, if you notice any errors please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Black Wax Buttero "Black Burro" Vegetable Tanned Leather comes from Conceria Walpier Tannery in Tuscany, Italy. They are well known for their traditional methods of vegetable tanning with tree barks that go back 100's of years. Walpier is a member of the exclusive Pelle Vegetale Consortium certifying they tan leather using the strict traditional vegetal methods. We offer serialized certification tags you can attach to your finished products HERE
The black finish is a matte black wax finish that will polish up and patina over time exposing more and more of the beautiful color beneath. You can buff with a canvas cloth to remove some of the finish to get just the right look you want to start with. Note the wax is durable and will take some effort to remove. There may be some marks in the black coatings, they will remove over time with use.
This veg tan leather is their top grade, it is full grain and has a nice balance between supple and firm. It is easy to cut and skive. The veg tan's firmness will give some rigidity to your products and even allows for great molding applications. It is some of the most versatile leather we have found. Their beautiful colors will provide near endless color options and combinations to mix into your projects.
This leather is quite sensitive to marking/scratching so you may receive a piece that already has some of the white wax marked up. We always try to handle with such care but because it is so sensitive, markings can happen in our fulfillment and shipping process. You should be able to soften those markings with some buffing.
DIMENSIONS & PRICING
- Full Hide (Double Shoulder): 12-14 sqft (~45 x 45 inches): $15.99 sqft
- 1/2 Hide (Single Shoulder): 6-7 sqft (~22 x 45 inches): $16.99 sqft
- For smaller Panels click HERE
- 5oz (2.0mm)
- We offer splitting of leather to thinner weights
- We have a 32" width limit on our splitter so full and some half hides will be cut down to fit)
- Please note split leather can not be returned
We are the Official North America distributor for Walpier. You can mix and match any of the Walpier Articles (Buttero, Dollaro, Mud, White Wax, Black Wax, Grid, Etrusco & Rocky) to get the discount below on Full hides.We can offer the following discounts on FULL HIDES (Double Shoulders)
- Buy 2 Full Hides (Mix ANY Walpier Article): 5% Off
- Buy 5 Full Hides (Mix ANY Walpier Article): 7% Off
- Buy 10 Full Hides (Mix ANY Walpier Article):: 10% Off
- Buy 20 Full Hides (Mix ANY Walpier Article):: 15% Off
- Buy 25 Full Hides (Single Article and Color): Contact us for Tannery Direct
WHAT TO EXPECT?
- Will my hide/panel be perfect? READ BEFORE PURCHASING
- Shipping and Return Info HERE
This is the detail