Conceria Walpier 🇮🇹- White Wax Buttero "Burro" - Veg Tanned Leather (HIDES) - 50% Off!
For smaller PANELS click HERE
- Article: White Wax Buttero "White Burro"
- Tannery: Conceria Walpier 🇮🇹 (Italy)
- Full Grain: Yes
- Tannage: Vegetable Tanned
- Cut: Double Shoulder (No Belly = Higher Yield)
- Grain (Top): Smooth with White Wax that will wear off with use
- Flesh (Bottom): Smooth Nap
- Firmness: Firm 8/10
- Dye: Completely Through
- Finish: Full Aniline
- Burnishable: Yes
- Thickness: 5oz (2.0mm) +/- 0.2mm
- Splitting: Yes, down to 0.6mm *Please note split leather cannot be returned & if hide is wider than 27" we will need to cut it into 2 pieces to fit the splitter (We cut closer to the belly side)
- Restocked: No, limited supply
- Yield: High 85%+, With a natural product like leather, there can be areas with neck and back wrinkles, veins, scars, bites, loose grain, but in general this article can expect an overall high cutting area. Double Shoulders also increase the cutting yield due to having no bellies where most the defects and loose grain are located. If you require large cuts for bigger products like totes, duffles, etc., we recommend whenever possible ordering a full hide. This leather being full aniline (meaning the leather is very natural with no extra finishing on the surface to hide any flaws) darker colors will better hide any areas of concern. A key skill of using full aniline leather is the ability to work less desirable areas of the hide into the less visible areas of your projects.
- Discounts: Yes, volume discounts automatically applied on full hides. Note Paypal does not load the discounts, please pay with credit card instead
White Wax Buttero "Burro" Vegetable Tanned Leather comes from Conceria Walpier Tannery in Tuscany, Italy. They are well known for their traditional methods of vegetable tanning with tree barks that go back 100's of years. Walpier is a member of the exclusive Pelle Vegetale Consortium certifying they tan leather using the strict traditional vegetal methods. We offer serialized certification tags you can attach to your finished products HERE
The white finish is a white wax finish that will wear and patina over time exposing more and more of the beautiful color beneath. You can buff with a cloth to remove some of the finish to get just the right look you want to start with. There may be some marks in the white coatings, they will remover overtime with use.
This veg tan leather is their top grade, it is full grain and has a nice balance between supple and firm. It is easy to cut and skive. The veg tan's firmness will give some rigidity to your products and even allows for great molding applications. It is some of the most versatile leather we have found. Their beautiful colors will provide near endless color options and combinations to mix into your projects.
This leather is quite sensitive to marking/scratching so you may receive a piece that already has some of the white wax marked up. We always try to handle with such care but because it is so sensitive, markings can happen in our fulfillment and shipping process. You should be able to soften those markings with some buffing.
DIMENSIONS & PRICING
- Full Hide (Double Shoulder): 12-14 sqft (~45 x 45 inches): $15.99 sqft
- 1/2 Hide (Single Shoulder): 6-7 sqft (~22 x 45 inches): $16.99 sqft
- For smaller Panels click here
- 5oz (2.0mm)
- We offer splitting of leather to thinner weights
- Please note split leather can not be returned
WHAT TO EXPECT?
All sales final on Outlet Discounts
This is the detail