Conceria Walpier 🇮🇹- White Wax Buttero "Burro" - Veg Tanned Leather (SAMPLES)
This listing is for SAMPLES that are 2x3"
- Article: White Wax Buttero "White Burro"
- Tannery: Conceria Walpier 🇮🇹 (Italy)
- Full Grain: Yes
- Tannage: Vegetable Tanned
- Cut: Double Shoulder (No Belly = Higher Yield)
- Grain (Top): Smooth with White Wax that will wear off with use
- Flesh (Bottom): Smooth Nap
- Firmness: Firm 8/10
- Dye: Completely Through
- Finish: Full Aniline
- Burnishable: Yes
- Thickness: 5oz (2.0mm) +/- 0.2mm
- Splitting: Yes, down to 0.6mm *Please note split leather cannot be returned
- Restocked: No, limited supply
White Wax Buttero "Burro" Vegetable Tanned Leather comes from Conceria Walpier Tannery in Tuscany, Italy. They are well known for their traditional methods of vegetable tanning with tree barks that go back 100's of years. Walpier is a member of the exclusive Pelle Vegetale Consortium certifying they tan leather using the strict traditional vegetal methods. We offer serialized certification tags you can attach to your finished products HERE
The ghost finish is a white wax finish that will wear and patina over time exposing more and more of the beautiful color beneath. You can buff with a cloth to remove some of the finish to get just the right look you want to start with. There may be some marks in the white coatings, they will remover overtime with use.
This veg tan leather is their top grade, it is full grain and has a nice balance between supple and firm. It is easy to cut and skive. The veg tan's firmness will give some rigidity to your products and even allows for great molding applications. It is some of the most versatile leather we have found. Their beautiful colors will provide near endless color options and combinations to mix into your projects.
This leather is quite sensitive to marking/scratching so you may receive a piece that already has some of the white wax marked up. We always try to handle with such care but because it is so sensitive, markings can happen in our fulfillment and shipping process. You should be able to soften those markings with some buffing.
- 5oz (2.0mm)
- We offer splitting of leather to thinner weights on our Panels and Hides
- We have a 32" width limit on our splitter so full and some half hides will be cut down to fit)
- Please note split leather can not be returned
WHAT TO EXPECT?
- Will my panel be perfect? Read about leather here before purchasing
- Shipping and Return Info Here
This is the detail