Ring Lizard - Shiny - Exotic Leather
The Ring Lizard (Varanus Salvator) is one of the more unique leather articles. The skins have a nice softness, are thinner, yet extremely durable lending it to be a great for luxury leather goods. Known for their unique ring pattern on their back some skins will show this off others are tanned to create a more uniform finish. The tanning and dying provide some beautiful colors with subtle natural contrast showing through
There are 2 types of cuts for this article.
- Front Cut - Which shows the full back of the skin as a large piece, showing the pebbled scales
- Back Cut - Which shows the belly of the skin as a large piece, showing the beautiful rectangular belly pattern
The Ring lizards skins are slightly smaller in size and are great for small leather shoes, clutches, wallets, and watch straps.
- Grade 1 - Really Clean, 0-1 minor defects
- Grade 2 - Nice, a few minor defects
- Grade 3 - Average, more defects, best for small items or to embrace the natural blemishes
- *Sizing - Width is measured in cm across the belly area of the skin
The skins are all CITES II approved ensuring they were imported meeting all regulations and guidelines. The hides come from lizards for meat and the skin is a byproduct. At the moment we are not set up to export, we are working to make this a reality in the near future for a small fee. At the moment we can only sell within the United States. If you have any questions please reach out to our customer service team.
This is the detail