Badalassi Carlo 🇮🇹 - Minerva Smooth - "Vacchetta" Veg Tanned Leather (SAMPLES)
This listing is for SAMPLES that are 2x3"
All sales on samples are final. No returns or exchanges.
- Article: Minerva Smooth (Similar to Minerva Box but with smooth grain)
- Tannery: Badalassi Carlo (Italy)
- Tannage: Vegetable Tanned
- Cut: Double Shoulder (No Belly = High Yield)
- Grain (Top): Full Grain (Smooth)
- Flesh (Bottom): Smooth
- Firmness: Medium 6/10
- Dye: Completely Through
- Finish: Full Aniline (Learn more about full aniline & return policy)
- Burnishable: Yes
- Thickness: 4.5oz (1.8mm) *Free splitting to thinner weights
Minerva Smooth Vegetable Tanned Leather comes from the Badalassi Carlo Tannery in Tuscany, Italy. They are well known for their traditional methods of vegetable tanning with tree barks that go back 100's of years. Badalassi Carlo is a member of the exclusive Pelle Vegetale Consortium certifying they tan leather using the strict traditional vegetal methods. We offer serialized certification tags you can attach to your finished products HERE
This veg tan leather is their top grade, it is full grain and has a nice supple feel with a small amount of firmness. Minerva is a vacchetta leather that is infused with a special blend of Italian fat wax giving it the famous hand and feel attributed with the vacchetta name. This leather has a beautiful smooth grain with a beautiful depth to the leather color. The veg tan will have an amazing patina as it ages. The leather is dyed completely through and has a nice soft flesh side. This leather has a great feel in the hand and it is easy to cut and skive.
- 4.5oz (~1.6mm)
WHAT TO EXPECT?
This is the detail