DS-049 The Brigantine Bag Digital Pattern
Welcome Leather Crafters,
Crafting DS Leather Goods patterns is an exciting way to challenge yourself, grow your skill set and attract new customers with modern and innovative designs.
Have fun making The Brigantine Bag!
This product is a digital PDF pattern designed by DS Leather Goods and not a physical item. Since this is a digital download product, returns, refunds and exchanges are not accepted. Your download link will become available as soon as your order is completed.
Important: PDF files are intended for printing only and cannot be opened in a PDF editing software.
THE BRIGANTINE BAG
23/14/7 cm ~ 9/5.5/2.75 inches
Skill level: Intermediate
> 1.8mm thickness (4.5oz), medium temper for the bag (Alternatively you can use a combination of 2mm/5oz for the main body and 1.5mm/3.5-4oz for the gussets).
> You will need a 46/23cm (18.5/9.5in) leather panel for the main body of the bag.
> The panels required for the closure flap and the gusset pieces will all fit into a 23/19cm (9.5/7.5in) panel
> The above two total to ~1.8 sq. feet of leather needed (65/23cm ~ 26/9.5in panel)
> 2.4-2.5mm thickness (6oz) for the strap. The strap is 20mm (4/5inches) wide and you need two pieces – one 48cm (~19in) long and one 90cm (~35in) long.
Pattern specific tools/materials:
> 1mm, 4mm, 5mm & 10mm hole punches
> 2 x 20mm D-rings
> Closure option A: 1 x button stud – 9mm or 10mm cap size.
> Closure option B: 1 x LOXX Closure (search for “Loxx closure” or “Loxx snap fastener”)
> Strap Option A: 1 x 20mm whole belt buckle and 2 x 20mm swivel clasp buckles
> Strap Option B: a purse chain between 100cm and 130cm long. Those are available in many variations online when searching for a “purse chain”. They usually come with swivel clasp buckles already attached to them. Note that the Brigantine Bag is designed for cross-body carry and shorter chains might not be suitable.
> Note: stitching holes in the pattern are 4mm from the edge (unless noted otherwise in the instructions) and spaced at 3.85mm, however illustrative in nature. You can use other spacing based on your pricking irons or stitching chisels, or aesthetic preferences.
> Always print at 100% for the pattern to work correctly. Measure and cut on the outside edge of the lines. Please review the full instructions before commencing with the build. :)
> If you are a 1-person small leather crafting business you can sell as many products as you want that you made using this pattern, otherwise please consider the pattern for personal use only.
> Selling or distributing this pattern via any means for commercial or non-commercial purposes and creating cut dies (clicker dies) using the pattern is forbidden.
> Non-handmade production of The Vice Admiral Wallet via any means is not allowed.
> If you have any questions regarding the pattern or the build, feel free to reach out to us.
YOU WILL RECEIVE
Archived .zip folder containing:
1. The Brigantine Bag digital pattern in PDF format: A4 size
2. The Brigantine Bag digital pattern in PDF format: Letter size
3. PDF file with assembly instructions including in-progress pictures to help you with the build
4. A surprise gift: two random leather craft related phone wallpaper images
5. Whenever possible and on best effort basis, I will re-share via IG stories your Instagram posts featuring The Brigantine Bag you made and that you tagged me on to a 65K+ global audience.
Deyan at DS Leather Goods
Digital Pattern Uses:
- If you are a small business and hand making you can sell as many products as you want that you made using this pattern, otherwise please consider the pattern for personal use only. If you plan to mass produce more than 100 per year contact us for commercial licensing agreement.
- Selling or distributing this pattern via any means for commercial or non-commercial purposes and creating cut dies (clicker dies) using the pattern is forbidden.
- Non-handmade production of any means is not allowed. Selling or distributing this pattern via any means for commercial or non-commercial purposes and creating cut dies (clicker dies) using the pattern is forbidden.