Ilcea 🇮🇹 - Museum Calf - Calfskin Leather (SAMPLES)
- Article: Museum Calf
- Tannery: Italy 🇮🇹
- Full Grain: Yes
- Tannage: Chrome Tanned
- Cut: Whole Hide
- Grain (Top): Smooth Contrasting Dye Finish
- Flesh (Bottom): Smooth Nap
- Firmness: Medium 7/10
- Dye: Completely Through
- Finish: Full Aniline
- Thickness: 3.0oz (1.2mm) +/- 0.3mm
- Splitting: Yes, down to 0.6mm *Please note split leather cannot be returned & if hide is wider than 27" we will need to cut it into 2 pieces to fit the splitter (We cut closer to the belly side)
- Restocked: Yes, every 3-4 months
- Discounts: Yes, volume discounts automatically applied on full hides. Note Paypal does not load the discounts, please pay with credit card instead
Please note the images are a representative of the actual product, however computer and device screens vary as do dye lots. The leather you receive may look different than it appears on your screen. We suggest that you request sample(s) before ordering when color is critical. Product descriptions are to the best of our knowledge, if you notice any errors please contact email@example.com
Museum Calf Leather comes from the Ilcea Tannery in Italy. Ilcea has been making leather since the 1930's and is well known for their premium calfskin leathers and as a supplier to many of the high-end luxury brands.
The museum calf is a full grain leather that was made famous by John Lobb in collaboration for their luxury shoes. This leather has a beautiful hand dyed marbled look with the variation in the dark and light dye pattern and creates a stunning dimension to leather goods. This calf is their top grade and has a nice balance between supple and firm. It's beautiful smooth finish coupled with soft yet firm feel make it a great choice for wallets, clutches, notebook covers and small leather goods needing durability for everyday wear and tear.
It is easy to cut and skive. This calfskin's high quality and unique marbled finish will give your projects a premium look and feel.
- Sample: ~2 x 3 inches
This is the detail