Museum Calf Leather comes from the Ilcea Tannery in Italy. Ilcea has been making leather since the 1930's and is well known for their premium calfskin leathers and as a supplier to many of the high-end luxury brands.
The museum calf was made famous by John Lobb in collaboration for their luxury shoes. This leather has a beautiful marbled look with the variation in the dark and light dye pattern and creates a stunning dimension to leather goods. This calf is their top grade and has a nice balance between supple and firm. It's beautiful smooth finish coupled with soft yet firm feel make it a great choice for wallets, clutches, notebook covers and small leather goods needing durability for everyday wear and tear.
It is easy to cut and skive. This calfskin's high quality and unique marbled finish will give your projects a premium look and feel.
- Full Hide: ~19 square feet (~1.7 sq meters): ($17.99 sqft)
1/2 Hide: ~9 square feet (~0.85 sq meters): ($18.99 sqft)
- 1/4 Hide: ~5 square feet (~0.4 sq meters): ($19.99 sqft)
- *New* Purchase by Square Foot ($24.99 sqft)
- Most will be cut in 12 x 12 inches
- If you order more than 1 sqft we will combine sqft into one larger piece
- Wallet Exteriors and Interiors
- Small Leather Goods
* We will measure each order and refund any hides that are smaller than rated size (anything larger you keep)
** We are an official dealer for Ilcea, if you have any order from small to large production contact us for more details/pricing.