Ostrich - Matte - Luxury Exotic Leather (Hides)
Ostrich is a unique and beautiful exotic article used in many small leather goods applications like handbags, belts, wallets, boots, accents and more. We purchase from the same tannery supplying many of the luxury brands.
The Ostrich leather is very soft and has the beautiful quills evenly distributed along the that are so distinct. The crown area is also called the center diamond, or large quill area of the ostrich skin. The other areas of the skin will either be smooth or have smaller quills. The neck, with smaller quills is often used to make belts. All parts of the ostrich skin may be used to create beautiful, luxury products
- GRADE 1 - The center diamond area is free of defects. (Best for Handbags)
- GRADE 2 - The center diamond area may have one or two defects.
- GRADE 3 - The center diamond area may have more than two defects.
- 0.8/1.2 mm in the thinner, partial and no quill areas
- 1.4/1.8 mm in the meatier full quill areas
- Crown (Diamond area) usually around 26 x 26" (Can vary depending on size and each unique animal)
- Non appendix, ok for Export. Please check your local requirements, but usually there are no issues shipping
NEED A SPECIAL COLOR OR GRADE?: Contact us and we can order one in
Please note the images are a representative of the actual product, however computer and device screens vary as do dye lots. The leather you receive may look different than it appears on your screen. We suggest that you request sample(s) before ordering when color is critical. Product descriptions are to the best of our knowledge, if you notice any errors please contact email@example.com
This is the detail